Thursday, April 26, 2012

Aside of computer supports AGP 8x/4x ; What are the system requirements if I want to buy AGP 8x/4x video card?

I used OS: Windows XP Prof SP2,

Processor: Celeron 2.66 Ghz

RAM: 960mb

HDD: 80gb



... is there any requirements that I need to meet before I purchase AGP 256mb? or is it ok to buy as long as my pc supports AGP 8x/4x? I need some answer for my peace of mind... TNX!|||with AGP, if it fits in the slot, it WILL be compatible.





you have an old northwood based PC.



instead of buying a new videocard (becuase it WONT do much, if anything for your current pc) i would seriously just start thinking about buying a newer pc and just putting a decent videocard into that.



PCI-express overtook agp as a default slot for videocards, and you wont have much luck looking for AGP cards anymore.





if you DO find one, yes it will work, an 8x card will run at 4x for a 4x motherboard. as for system requirements?? there isnt any. just install the software.





i hope your not expecting to play any games, you will be sorely disapointed with that celeron and that little RAM|||You should look if the card needs external power.



But I saw a lot of mainboards that are not fully compatible with the new AGP Cards.

So, try to buy the videocard from a store that let's you give it back in 10 days.|||There are no other system requirments. If you have an AGP 8X slot then you can install the card.|||Joseph is correct. I wouldn't dream of spending good money to add anything to that machine. You'd be miles ahead by getting a new computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment