Friday, April 27, 2012

Will an 8x video card work in a 4x slot?

It's an AGP 8x card and my slot is a 4x. It's also 256mb, geforce.

My friend told me I had to disable my onboard video chip, or something. Was wondering if that was the case. Also if the card failed after I disabled my video card, would I be able to re-enable the chip with no video card/chip running? Thanks in advance.|||The speed of the video card does not matter. If it is an AGP video card, it can be installed into the AGP slot.



Most mainboards will detect the presence of a video card and automatically disables the built-in video adapter. If the video card is removed, the mainboard will revert back to the built-in video adapter.



If the mainboard does not do this automatically, you can enable or disable the built-in video adapter in the BIOS setup.You can re-enable the built-in video adapter after disabling it.|||Yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment