Thursday, April 26, 2012

Can a Sony Vaio PCV-RS630G use an HIS Hightech ATI Radeon X1650PRO 512MB 128-bit GDDR2 AGP 4X/8X Video Card?

I also have a 400 watt power supply. The computer is only about 3 years old. It has an AGP slot.



Sorry, I am really new to installing video cards. I know the difference between AGP, PCI and PCI-E but I have no clue if there are other things I need to consider before buying and installing the card. I am not too familiar with other terms such as 4x/8x. And have no clue if I need to know more about my motherboard or other parts of my computer before knowing if a video card will work.



Besides answering my basic question about if it will work, I would also really appreciate it if someone could tell me how to find this out for myself for future reference or tell me what needs to be done to make it work (if anything). Thank you very much in advance!|||just check and make sure your motherboard uses the agp standard instead of the new pci express.

the 4x/8x rate means it will work at those 2 speeds.

you can check the sony website for specs...i do all the time since i also have a sony vaio which i'm on right now.

thats a pretty good card too.

if you have lquid cooling like me, then there is not alot of room for add ons. the video card will be a tight fit and will almost overlap the next pci slot so plan accordingly. good luck!|||Yes, it has AGP8x slot.



Marketing Specifications

http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/model-d…|||Nothing else you really need to consider. 8x is the speed of the card and slot. PCI is 1x, AGP can be 2x,4x, or 8x, and PCI-E is 8x or 16x. Any AGP card goes in any AGP slot, but if the slot is only 4x, and the card is 8x capable it will only run at 4x speed.

No comments:

Post a Comment