Thursday, April 26, 2012

Best video card for PCI or AGP 8X/4X (1.5v) motherboard?

I have an ASUS A8V Deluxe motherboard with a 128mb geforce fx5700 graphics card which I want to replace with a better card. What are some of the best video cards out there that support my specs. preferably within the $100 - $150 range.|||I like it when people give price ranges, makes it easier. I would recommend this one, looks very good and in your price range:http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as…

They have a X1650 in your price range, but I personally prefer the one I suggested, a lot more memory bandwidth.|||Pricegrabber.com try it after you go to a nivida/ati site and find the best one for your Bus. I would go with apg 8x. But good

luck trying to find any that are new they are all moving to PCIe.|||First off, do not purchase a PCI video card.

They barely give any performance boost and is not in production and hard to find.

Second, I believe your board can only handle an AGP card so go to www.newegg.com and look at what they have to offer.

Last, if you have the money, buy a motherboard that supports PCI-Express.

It is twice as fast as AGP 8x and the cards are very cheap.

I recently purchased a Sapphire 1600xt for about $115 and is awesome. For ~$200 you can get a very high end card.

Good Luck!

=D|||AGP is and has just about been replaced with PCI!



Don't buy old technology.|||you're in luck. I personally hate agp cards and the fact that they still sell them when they don't perform as well as their nerwer pci-e counterparts and they cost more too. But get this card.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as…

It fits your price range and is probably one of the best agp cards you can get, even diregarding your price range. It is recommended that you have at least a 300-350W power supply

especially if you have a fully loaded system. Get it you won't be sorry. BTW I'm an nVidia fan myself but I still know whats good.|||well now... how do I put it litely?.. Ur not going to find one thats good enough for gaming for that price unless u ebay it. I bought one 3 days ago off there that's 1 gig:]|||xxxplalmxxx is right. The X1650 Pro is the best AGP card in your price range. It's as fast as the X1600XT in this review: http://www.hardwarezone.com/articles/vie…



Now, the X850 Pro is fast also, but, it leaves a few things to be desired. For instance, it isn't DirectX 9.0C compatible, it's a 9.0B card. It also can't handle SM 3.0, it's a 2.0 card. It also can't do HDR. All of this means that the X1650 Pro is the best cheap AGP gaming card on the market.|||if you go to crucial.com and ask them to scan your system it will tell you your memory and also if you look at the tabs it will suggest a suitable craphics card at least 3 differant types

No comments:

Post a Comment