Thursday, April 26, 2012

What kind of AGP video card should I be looking for?

I took a picture of my mother board:



http://img475.imageshack.us/my.php?image…



I know that my video card should be AGP. I went to wiki and search information for AGP video card. It said it has different types for AGP, like AGP 1x, 2x, 4x, 8x, and like 1.5v and 3.3 v...... How do I know what type of AGP video card should I be looking for? Thanks.|||An 8x AGP card will work in a 4x AGP slot. So look for a standard issue 8x AGP card and you should be just fine.|||If you can provide me with the make & model of your motherboard, I should be able to help you out with that. Unfortunately, the picture didn't provide that information. All AGP cards use the same slot; it's the technology on the cards, and subsequently on the motherboard, that determine which one you need.|||Look at the specs for the make and model of your PC. It will tell you what speed your AGP slot is running at (most likely 4x if an older machine).



Then you can look for a video card, voltage wont matter as the card will use what it needs. You need to make sure the speed of the card is at or lower than the AGP slot (2x will work in 4x, etc).|||# Universal 0.8 V / 1.5 V AGP 3.0 connector supporting 1X, 4X, and 8X AGP cards or an

No comments:

Post a Comment