Thursday, April 26, 2012

Will i get the performance out of EVGA 7800GS 256 MB video card using AGP 4X/8X interface?

I am planing to upgrade my video card. I want to know if i the AGP interface will let the 7800GS perform at its best? I read somewhere that the AGP interface has a limited transfer rate.|||Its true that the transfer rate is limited to 4 or 8X as PCI-E is twice or 4 times that at 16X but it is really only like 5-6% reduction overall. Some PCI-E boards are also 4 or 8X as well. My board is a cheap GIGABYTE running my PCI-E ATI X850XT PE 16X at 4X but still plays all my games flawlessly with an INTEL 2.8GHz dual core CPU & 2GB DDR2 PC4200 RAM. Dont worry about it, that 7800GS is a great card & should play all your games fine as long as you have the CPU & RAM to back it up.|||Sure, AGP has a slower transfer rate than PCI-express.



But, the 7800gs is not powerful enough to max out the AGP 8X bus anyhow, so it is not going to be an issue for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment